Cardiovascular Disease: Definition
A group of diseases that affect the heart and blood vessels. The most common form is the building up of plaque in our blood vessels known as Atherosclerosis. When this build up is large enough, blood flow through those vessels is compromised resulting in heart attack, stroke or compromised blood flow to your extremities
Family and Ethnic tendencies
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Gender – Men over 45yrs and post-menopausal women
It is not inevitable that you will have disease because of family history. It can be prevented by good nutrition, exercise, and avoidance of toxic substances like tobacco. The beginning of the disease starts in childhood. So it is important that these lifestyle measures are well taught and ingrained in childhood.
- Nutrition : Plant based whole foods diet is Key. Eating a rainbow of colors is important. The less processed your diet the better it is for one’s health. Take time to mindfully eat, enjoying food.
- Exercise : A minimum of 150 minutes/week a combination of stretching, aerobics and strength training is great. Find activities that you enjoy.
- Sleep Hygiene : Lack of sleep leads to elevated blood pressure and blood sugars which are risk factors for vascular disease. Good sleep habits are important.
- Stress management : Increased stress leads to elevated cortisol which increases blood pressure, makes you insulin resistant leading to diabetes, increases inflammation in your body and increased cholesterol.
- Supplements : Multivitamins, fish oil/omega 3 fatty acid, vitamin D3, Plant sterols.
- Manage Blood Pressure
- Manage Cholesterol
- Manage Diabetes
- Manage Inflammation
- Maybe a candidate for interventions like stents, bypass etc..
Our patients are learning to focus on self-care, and they are feeling better and experiencing improved health outcomes.
Before Dr. Abraham’s Stress Management Program, I used to live with a lot of stress everyday. Now I practice the breathing techniques and HeartMath twice a day and it relieves my stress.
I am so happy I found Dr. Abraham. She really listens to me and gives me hope that I can regain my health and energy. I am feeling better than I have in years.
I love Dr. Abraham’s whole-person approach to healing. She is very inspirational and heals body, mind and spirit.
Schedule Your Appointment
Start your journey towards good health.
Your journey towards good health starts now.